The Washington Post is seeking an editor to join a collaborative team of storytellers working on its award-winning daily news podcast, “Post Reports.” You will ensure that show pitches are transformed into engaging, crisp and illuminating episodes that extend the reach of our world-class journalism. The ideal candidate will also pitch in as necessary on other audio initiatives and podcasts, including our weekday morning briefing, “The 7.”
- Exercise keen news judgment in identifying stories, enterprise ideas and areas of ongoing coverage.
- Collaborate with show managers on the weekly programming schedule and on advance planning.
- Provide pitch feedback and take the lead on writing and structure revisions, as well as episode fact-checking.
- Deliver constructive and specific feedback under tight deadlines during tracking sessions and mix edits.
- Work closely with desk editors and reporters to help transform their reporting into an engrossing listening experience.
Skills and experience:
- A track record of editing episodes with a strong narrative structure, conversational writing/tracking and creative tape use.
- At least six years of audio journalism experience, preferably including some work in a daily news environment.
- Familiarity with Pro Tools or similar software.
- A willingness to work early mornings, evenings and weekends as needed.
- A strong ability to maintain open lines of communication and collaborate effectively under a tight production schedule.
This position is eligible for remote work.
Candidates should upload a résumé, an additional document that shares three audio work samples via links, and a cover letter to our jobs portal. All application materials can be uploaded to the same field. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, but those received by 03/24/2023 will be prioritized. Your cover letter should be addressed to “Post Reports” executive producer Maggie Penman, supervising senior producer Reena Flores and director of audio Renita Jablonski.
Estimated salary: $47K – $59.5K a year
For more information click here.