The Wall Street Journal is seeking a News Assistant to provide administrative support to the editor-in-chief of WSJ. Magazine and the Style coverage area, as well as support its editorial staff at large.
WSJ. Magazine and Style blend deep reporting, intelligent wit and good taste to create compulsively readable stories, analysis and features on the subjects of style, entertainment, celebrity, society, lifestyle and the arts at The Journal.
This role requires speed and proficiency with administrative functions and strong command of bustling publishing workflows across a large and dynamic team of journalists. The ability to juggle multiple priorities and work creatively against deadline is essential.
- Run the daily schedule and serve as main point of operations support for the editor-in-chief, including maintaining calendar and all appointment requests, managing team needs and deadlines, working with department heads to ensure all business is handled promptly and efficiently.
- Help schedule team and department meetings, and serve as liaison between all departments.
- Coordinate and schedule EIC arrangements for domestic and international travel.
- Submit and track expenses.
- Organize in-office or external gatherings with key WSJ stakeholders as well as outside business partners and collaborators.
- Maintain general correspondence, expenses and administrative needs.
- Maintain department subscriptions; help organize team brainstorms and social events.
- Assisting in the production of WSJ. events such as the annual Innovator Awards and conferences.
- Provide research support and transcriptions for contributors and senior editorial staff as needed.
- Manage office needs in general, including mail, supplies, messenger and security requirements, issue distribution and updating records.
- Contribute pitching, writing and editing as needed for digital and print lineups.
- Maintain highest code of conduct under WSJ’s Standards & Ethics policies, and ensure those policies are maintained throughout the operation of the office.
- 0-3 years experience in an office environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal/in-person and in written communication, whether Slack, letters or email
- Familiarity with or strong interest in The Wall Street Journal, WSJ. Magazine and working in a news-media environment.
- Knowing of basic digital administrative tools including Google and Microsoft products, social-media platforms. Knowledge of Workday, Okta, Concur useful but not required.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and clear ability to multitask on deadline in a fast-paced media or lifestyle-brand environment.
- Availability to work overtime when necessary for EIC travel or major all-team deadlines.
- You will report to the editor-in-chief of WSJ. Magazine. This position is based in our New York office.
To apply, please submit your resume, a cover letter explaining how you would approach the job and a link to any related work samples.
Pay Range: $40,000 – $160,000
For further details click here.