The Times of Northwest Indiana, a division of Lee Enterprises, is seeking a Full Time Night Editor for our copy desk.
- Help oversee all live pages of the newspaper, news, business and sports.
- Help ensure that news and sports make deadlines.
- Help track page flow and proof pages.
- Help make story-play decisions on late-breaking news.
- Help with basic reporting duties on occasion.
- Strong editing and design skills.
- Ability to organize, juggle many tasks, set priorities and make deadline.
- Broad knowledge of AP style and a quick study on NWI style, press law, spelling and grammar.
- Understanding of community standards for taste.
- Unswerving dedication to accuracy.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Ability to help manage flow of content to web.
- At least 3 years of experience on a daily copy desk preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
For more information click here.