The Sun Online is the biggest digital newsbrand in the UK and now the fastest-growing news site in the US. The Sun’s multi-award-winning Audience department sits at the heart of our newsroom, with our talented journalists publishing the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value. The team is constantly evolving, driving record traffic across all platforms, growing new audiences, and building engagement and loyalty with our readers.
The Sun is looking for a talented, dynamic individual, with newsroom and audience development experience, to manage data-driven editorial projects with the aim of reaching new audiences and driving loyalty and engagement.
The role is based at News UK’s London headquarters.
Day to Day you will:
- Deliver insights and recommendations that drive editorial, distribution, engagement and commercial strategies
- Present and implement persuasive, data-led strategies that are based on an understanding of the Sun’s content and audience, to support and diversify The Sun’s digital growth
- Perform regular competitor analysis and identify opportunities to improve and overtake across all formats
What we are looking for from you:
- Be able to analyse and explain complex data, and persuasively present findings around the newsroom
- Have a strong understanding of content, SEO and social media
- Have experience using a variety of audience and analytics tools such as Google Trends, Google Analytics, Looker Studio, Newswhip, Crowdtangle, News Dashboard and Semrush
- Be assertive within the team, unflappable under pressure, and have experience of working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Have an outstanding attitude and be a good team player
- Be a self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Sun brand, its competitors and the wider digital publishing market.
Closing date: 24 Dec 2023
For further information click here.