Do you love streaming video services like Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, and HBO Max? The Streamable (thestreamable.com (http://thestreamable.com)) is seeking freelance writers who are passionate about cord-cutting and streaming service news.
You’ll write about channels coming and going from YouTube TV and fuboTV. You’ll write about new features added to HBO Max and Sling TV. And when the next streaming service does the CNN+ swan dive, you’ll try to explain what went wrong. We help cord-cutters enjoy maximum entertainment at the price that’s right for them, and you can join the team.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Streamable is the leading destination for news, reviews, and deals on streaming services and devices. We inform hundreds of thousands of cord-cutters every month about the best media streaming services and devices online.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- You will write 3-5 timely news articles per day (~400 words each), but there is an opportunity for more if you pitch or take evergreen assignments.
- We pay $20/hour, with a minimum of $20 per article and a bonus if you pitch the story to us.
- If you write more than 20 articles per month for us, we will pay for up to $25 of your streaming services. Yes, that means you can get Netflix, Disney+, and/or HBO Max on us.
This is a perfect opportunity for young journalists who want to hone their writing skills with an experienced managing editor with more than 20 years of experience in the news industry as their mentor.
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN SUBMISSION
A portfolio of previously published news stories or blog posts – individual links are okay.
3 original headlines you think our audience would appreciate – please go beyond “How to Watch X”
An original sample article.
- Please read this article
- Write a follow-up piece (~400 words) that provides a new angle.
- Our audience includes current streaming subscribers and those who could be persuaded to try a new service. Please use normal, non-technical language. (We write content by humans for humans.)
- $20 an hour
For more information, visit their website.