The Sacramento Bee is seeking a creative, high-energy journalist with previous engagement experience to join its team.
You will be primarily responsible for executing tactics that deepen trust and build relationships within under-served audiences.
Your main focus will be on how the coronavirus is impacting vulnerable communities as it pertains to housing security, financial independence and domestic violence in California’s Central Valley.
You will also help curate a weekly newsletter, and plan and host listening sessions and live Q&As.
- Engage on social media
- Assist in testing and executing audience loyalty strategies
- Monitor real-time analytics
- Write and edit engaging content
- Curate internal and external content to create the best experience for readers
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but a proven record of commensurate work experience will be considered
- Minimum two years working in or with newsrooms or in a content-related audience development role. Experience with engagement is a huge plus
- Solid understanding of digital best practices with a deep understanding of email newsletters, social media platforms and SEO
- Solid writing and editing skills and strong news judgment