We have an immediate opening for an experienced reporter or talented recent journalism graduate covering town news, with a focus on the Wallingford school system, as well as features and local and state politics.
Job Description and Duties:
- Digital first, multimedia reporter covering a full range of news on deadline including trending topics.
- Provide all aspects of town news coverage from government to features, with a particular focus on Wallingford schools and education.
- The right candidate will take initiative and be adept at handling a variety of news stories and have experience working under tight deadlines in a high-pressure atmosphere, along with the skill to develop, write and present compelling articles for a digital audience.
- Candidates must have strong reporting and writing skills and be adept with social media.
- Candidates should be knowledgeable about basic analytics; digital story building with links, tags and SEO; multimedia storytelling; and headline writing.
- Daily news and other local coverage
- Take photos for print/digital publication
- Community engagement/audience-building through social media
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments and shift seamlessly between them
- Candidates must have strong reporting and writing skills and be adept with social media
- Candidates should be knowledgeable about basic analytics; digital story building with links, tags and SEO; multimedia storytelling; and headline writing
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication or similar field or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years’ reporting experience
- Recent college graduates with student newspaper experience will be considered
- Excellent reporting/writing skills, ability to report accurately and quickly
For more details click here.