The Real Deal seeks a reporter in New York
The reporter would be responsible for writing several original web stories per week on the New York City real-estate beat and produce in-depth features for the website and our monthly magazine.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in covering money and power and a keen desire to learn how the industry brings together elements of politics, business, entertainment, finance and law. The ability to break news is a must, as is the ability to cultivate sources, pitch story ideas and write clean copy on deadline. Experience in business journalism is a plus.
• At least 2 years of reporting experience, preferably in a breaking news environment
• Can write clean, effortless copy with bite
• Experience and/or interest in business reporting
• Ability to juggle short- and long-term projects
• Track record of working well under tight deadlines
• Sees the possibilities for groundbreaking stories in the real estate industry
• Knowledge of WordPress and various social media platforms is a plus, as is research experience
To apply, go here.