The PG is looking for a talented general assignment reporter to join our News & Investigations team. This general assignment reporter will be counted on to respond to breaking news, exercise sound news judgment on deadline, and produce a steady flow of enterprise on a wide variety of topics that readers can’t get anywhere else. Applicants should have the ability to identify stories, wrangle public records from government officials, and execute both short-term enterprise and long-range projects.
- Ability to develop a wide range of sources on variety of news subjects
- A proven record to write timely, well-reported and thought-provoking stories
- Eager to be part of a transforming newsroom working to provide deep coverage of a diverse and changing community
- Ability to collaborate with the visuals team to provide all appropriate elements for stories (photos, videos and graphics); produces photos and video as needed
- Able to juggle daily, short-term enterprise and long-term enterprise stories.
- Strong command of AP grammar and style
- Strong copy-editing skills and the ability to produce content that is fair, accurate and thorough
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism
- 2 to 5 years of reporting experience preferred
- Ability to use social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Display exceptional work ethic, time management, and organizational skills
- Other Things to Know:
Competitive salary and benefits package
Contact Sr. Assistant Managing Editor, Jerry Micco (email@example.com) to apply.
For more details click here.