The Philadelphia Inquirer video team is looking for a Digital Video Journalist who can help create compelling journalistic videos.
- What You’ll do Film, produce and edit short-form news and feature videos, explainer videos, and serial video content on a wide variety of subjects, which will appear on and social media platforms
- Curate and edit video contributed by Inquirer staff and external sources, including social media, public agencies, and user-generated content
- Help manage and organize our on-platform video offerings and internal video assets
- Be a video evangelist in the newsroom to encourage video news coverage
- Who We are Looking For Advanced video editing skills with the ability to work on various types of video across desks/beats in the newsroom and in collaboration with videographers and producers
- Proficient with digital video cameras to produce compelling videos and multimedia presentations
- Proficient with audio equipment for sound gathering
- Proficient with video lighting techniques in the studio and on location
- Proficient with professional video and audio editing software (e.g. Premiere, After Effects, Audacity), FTP transmitting utilities
- Proficient in video compression techniques and formats for the web
- Proficient in mobile video editing with an interest in teaching other newsroom members a mobile video workflow
- Expert level understanding of common video platforms such as You Tube and Vimeo
- Ability to use social media for news gathering and dissemination following the company’s style and ethical standards on deadline
- Proficient in the use of the company’s communication methods such as Slack, Text, email
For further information click here.