The Omaha World Herald, a Lee Enterprises Inc. publication is seeking a talented full-time visual journalist to bolster the area’s strongest media outlet through photography and video for print, digital, social media and mobile news/information platforms with an emphasis on sports covering three major colleges including University of Nebraska and Creighton. Our subscribers appreciate and expect great visual reporting as seen in our strong digital traffic to online galleries and videos. We are seeking an individual to bring us to the next level!
Are you ready?
Are you able to visually capture compelling stories with photography or videography? Do you possess strong skills in capturing pictures and video of news, features, and sports photography? Do you have knowledge of effective video and audio production with the ability to write clear and accurate captions? Can you work under pressure in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines? If so, this may be the role for you!
This position is responsible to:
- Operate photography equipment to take photographs for a variety of news and sports stories
- Operate filmography equipment to film video’s for news and sports stories
- Transfer photographs and videos to computers for editing, archiving, and electronic transmission
- Create computer-generated graphics or animation
- May assist with recording podcasts and studio video work
- May operate drone to capture images and video
- Work as a team player and individually as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in journalism, photography or a related field or equivalent experience. Preference will be given to candidates who are certified to operate a commercial drone or willing to become certified and have the ability to capture newsworthy pictures and videos. Hours vary.
For more details click here.