The Official Black Magazine is looking for freelance writers for our publication.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Originally founded as Black SD Magazine in 2020, this publication has always been about amplifying Black voices and narratives. Since undergoing a name change in 2022 as The Official Black Magazine, our publication is working to continue to amplify those stories at a national level.
The Official Black Magazine is the premiere Black Lifestyle Magazine. We share stories that center on Black beauty and fashion, music and entertainment, arts and culture, health and wellness, and so much more. From our web publication to our monthly print magazine, you will be sure to find highlights and spotlights on amazing people, companies, brands, and communities who serve as inspiration to us all. The Official Black Magazine is working towards providing a platform for Black representation that we all needed while growing up.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for freelance writers for our growing African American publication. We are looking for writers to cover African American stories in the areas Fashion, Entertainment, Arts, Culture, Sports, Music, Food, Business, Travel, Politics, and Wellness.
We are looking for writers to write 2 to 4 articles per month as well as take on interview opportunities with celebrities, entertainers, politicians, and business owners.
Please specify which area you would like to write for and submit several writing samples.
- Generate ideas for feature stories, interviews, and event coverage.
- Fact check all stories before submission.
- Ensure accuracy of stories.
- Provide written consent for photography, videography, or any other likeness of people, businesses, or organizations mentioned.
- Proofread and check for grammatical errors to meet publication standards.
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Writing Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
Journalism: 1 year (Preferred)
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN SUBMISSION
- Your work history
- At least two samples of your writing
- What you believe you can bring to Black SD Magazine
- $10 – $20 an hour
For more information, visit their website.