The Express Desk of The New York Times has two openings for a full-time breaking news and general assignment reporter in Seoul. The reporter will work early mornings, nights or weekend shifts as news demands, with the expectation that they develop, report and write multiple stories per week or otherwise contribute to major reporting efforts across the newsroom, including live briefings and digital stories. This is a general assignment position, requiring someone who is a quick study and versatile, able to cover a wide variety of topics and stories anywhere in the world.
- Significant experience of professional daily news reporting and editing in a comparable role
- Clips showing clear, straightforward writing with a high standard of usage, grammar and evocative language
- Demonstrated ability to write breaking news quickly and accurately on deadline
- Demonstrated creativity in identifying and developing news features with a strong appeal to digital readers, particularly in the international audience
- Collegiality and proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and share credit with other reporters
- A self-starter with excellent technical proficiency and communication skills who can be productive and proactive in working with supervising editors and colleagues in both the U.S. and Asia.
- Additional languages would be a plus
- International reporting experience
- Previous experience reporting and writing for the New York Times
- Advanced journalism degree
To Apply, Please Submit The Following Documents:
- Clips (PDF or URLs)
- Cover letter
For further details click here.