Video and Well are looking for a creative and ambitious video journalist to produce outstanding service and enterprise video journalism to help Times readers live healthier lives. The Well desk offers guidance on a range of topics including mental and physical health, family and relationships. Your work will include different types of video, including video that features reporters, video that serves as illustration or video that shows readers how to get fit. You’ll be the main liaison between Well, the Video Department and the Social Visuals team, which creates and edits visuals as part of the stories we produce off-platform. Coordination with editors and reporters on Well and the visual teams is essential — as is the flexibility to work toward short and longer deadlines, for news and enterprise projects. The role also includes experimenting with new story formats and conceptualizing how video can help us tell a variety of stories.
Expertise with visual and video storytelling is required, including editing and writing. Your application should show how your own work expresses an understanding of modern social visual storytelling.
You will report into a Senior Producer, Video.
- Coordinate, shoot, edit and publish short-form vertical videos and video carousels
- Develop visual storytelling in card formats with various media assets
- Coordinate shoots in local or remote settings
- Write and edit for visuals
- Facility in using photo, video, graphics, animation and sound in video storytelling
- Social media platform expertise, coordination with the social editors on editing and programming
- Collaborate with reporters, editors and visual editors to build social formats that align with Graphics, Video, Photo and Design
- 4+ years of multimedia storytelling, video editing and production experience
- Demonstrated experience with creating presentations that intelligently incorporate audio, video, still images and text
- Strong skills with Adobe Premiere, Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects
- Visual design basics — a clear grasp of typography, layout, color, motion, and behavior
- Meet deadlines and adapt to change in a daily, unpredictable news production environment
- Journalistic intelligence and editorial judgment
- Flexible schedule that may include nights and weekends
- Newsroom experience
- A passion for the topics Well covers
Applications without links to work samples will not be considered.
The annual base pay salary for this role is between $108,872.22 and $118,000.00.
For more details click here.