The New York Times is looking for an experienced editor to join our technology team, to edit news and features and examine how tech and media companies are wielding their power and reshaping how we consume information. Based in New York, this editor needs to be eager to jump on breaking news and able to shape enterprise stories, working with reporters in London, New York, Washington D.C. and San Francisco to cover the big stories of the day.
- Work with a wide range of story forms (live briefings to long-form features).
- Switch quickly and switch between beats — from coverage of media startups to the growing competition between platforms.
- Collaborate with counterparts across the paper.
- Minimum 5 years of editing experience.
- Experience working with reporters and collaborating with editors.
- Ability to conceive and assign stories.
- At least 5 years of writing about or editing coverage of a specific industry.
- Experience in large newsrooms writing or editing breaking news and longer investigative features.
This position is based in New York.
The annual base pay range for this role is between $120,000.00 and $150,000.00.
For more details click here.