The New York Times is looking for a temporary recipe editor for a project that is scheduled to last for approximately six to seven months. In this role, you’ll correspond with recipe developers, edit the recipes they file, coordinate freelance recipe testing and provide necessary information for recipe photo shoots. You’ll help keep the recipe workflow organized and on schedule. You may also be called upon to work within our recipe CMS, publishing and/or tagging recipes, organizing recipe collections and/or making changes to other recipe-related assets.
You have excellent recipe editing and communication skills and deep culinary knowledge. You’ll also be able to work well on a highly collaborative team, stay organized, pay close attention to details and meet deadlines.
What You’ll Do:
- Edit recipes for accuracy, clarity, context and New York Times style.
- Work directly with recipe developers and testers to produce outstanding, reliable recipes.
- Collaborate with the senior staff editor and SEO editor leading the workstream to ensure the recipes meet our specifications and are done on deadline.
- Coordinate with our photo team to ensure recipes are shot accurately and appropriately, and with our video team as needed.
- Gather recipes into collections for NYT Cooking, and/or update collections.
- Update recipes as needed in our CMS.
- Minimum 8 years of experience as a recipe editor, preferably for a publication.
- Superb editorial judgment and attention to detail. You should be meticulous in your work.
- Strong digital skills and the ability to quickly learn the ins and outs of our CMS and other platforms.
- The ability to work independently and on deadline.
- Flexibility and willingness to pitch in when needed on various tasks to accomplish shared goals.
- A passion for cooking and the mission of The New York Times.
- Experience working in a test kitchen.
- Copy-editing experience is a strong plus.
This position is represented by the NewsGuild of NY
The annual base pay range for this role is between $109,521.19 and $112,000.00.
For more information click here.