We are looking for a dogged reporter and skilled writer to help cover one of the most compelling and important beats in the world: India and the broader region of South Asia.
In a season of geopolitical intrigue that has profoundly redefined Western relationships with China and Russia, India looms larger than ever both as a potential economic powerhouse and security partner, and as a dynamic cultural center. The changes and challenges within India itself in recent years have also proved dramatic.
The Times is seeking to deepen our coverage of this vital place with a correspondent who can infuse nimble news coverage with deep analysis and understanding, and who has a track record of crafting compelling features as well as explanatory and investigative work.
In this role, based in New Delhi, you’ll collaborate closely with our experienced team in India, as well as with Times journalists across Asia and the world — it is a truly global story. You’ll help drive news coverage that will include live reports, as well as develop creative and surprising dispatches, profiles and other stories that show the depth and diversity of India’s experience.
- Reporting and writing sophisticated news, analytical and feature coverage, including live and visual-first journalism
- Developing new story and coverage ideas in a team environment
- Sourcing deeply within India and across the region to help land scoops and stories with impact
- Collaborating with other journalists across a variety of disciplines and beats, including photo, graphics and video
What We Are Looking For:
- An experienced reporter with a track record in newspapers, digital news or magazines
- Deep knowledge of India and surrounding countries, and the curiosity to learn more
- A collaborative colleague dedicated to integrity and accuracy
- A self-starting professional with a portfolio of beautifully written and deeply reported stories
- The ability to balance a fast-paced news environment with longer-term enterprise work
For more information click here.