The News Print Hub is seeking an editor gifted with eloquence and diligence to help elevate the quality of the news sections in the daily paper. This editor will work with other talented editors and news designers to create inviting story presentation, respond to breaking news and help shape the vast New York Times report into a package that best serves our print readers.
Qualities We’re Looking For Include:
- A confident person with excellent news judgment and copy-editing skills who can be given a task and follow through and is also able to tag-team an assignment with one or more people.
- An understanding of how digital content would need to be adapted for a print audience, including time differences, tense changes and how an inviting print presentation would be different from what appears digitally online. You must understand that headlines, captions and print display type differ from digital/SEO driven display type.
- An understanding of what makes an inviting presentation on a print page and an eagerness to contribute to achieving it.
- A consistent ability to make smart and efficient copy trims on deadline, and the capability to assemble and publish print-only content, including writing lively headlines, captions and other display type.
- An understanding of the style, standards and ethics of The Times and the will to uphold them.
- A collaborative spirit under tight deadlines and while discussing quick decisions like changing a headline or adding and dropping stories from the newspaper.
- Effective and efficient proofing of pages.
- Meeting production requirements and being well-versed in all aspects of the print process.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with the necessary technical skills for producing the paper.
- Experience working in a newsroom
- Ability to write strong print headlines
- Must be able to work flexible hours – evening/night shifts 3PM-10PM, weekends, holidays
- 5+ years of experience
- Familiarity and awareness of a variety of subject areas, as you correspond to reporting desks, e.g. International Business, etc.
- Desire to stay in this position for at least 2 years
The annual base pay range for this role is between $115,506.56 and $125,000.00.
For more details click here.