The video editor will work with producers across the NYT Cooking video team to edit compelling service-driven hands-and-pans cooking videos for NYT Cooking. We are looking for a candidate with a strong video editing background and a portfolio that demonstrates the ability to deliver work that is engaging across social platforms. The editor should have experience creating hands-and-pans style videos, be familiar with emerging platforms and skilled at optimizing edits for an online audience. The editor may also support editing personality-driven cooking demonstrations and social food videos, so experience editing videos for YouTube and TikTok is a plus. This role will support the data management, publishing and archival process for the NYT Cooking video team and will work closely with the production team on tracking post-production status across various projects.
The ideal candidate is passionate about food and has experience working in food video.
- Edit single- and multi-camera video shot in the studio and in the field (restaurant kitchens, cooks’ homes), primarily focused on overhead hands-and-pans cooking videos.
- Collaborate on defining style and branding techniques for overhead food video formats that give our video a voice and make them stand out from the pack.
- Incorporate motion graphics and style templates for new and existing formats.
- Collaborate on optimizing a post production/archival workflow.
- Assist production coordinator on overseeing freelance video edits and tracking project status.
- Participate in the post-production, publishing and archival processes:
- Working within the CMS to prepare and publish the work.
- Polish videos as needed (videos returned from freelance video editors).
- 4+ years of experience in digital video editing.
- Expert-level abilities in Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Experience editing hands-and-pans style videos.
- Must have a digital portfolio that demonstrates innovation, creativity, and quick-thinking.
- Must have a proven track record of solid editorial judgment that aligns with the standards of The Times newsroom.
- Must be comfortable working on tight, demanding deadlines and able to juggle multiple projects at any given time.
- Ability to collaborate closely with small teams.
- Must be open to and excited about experimenting with new ideas.
- Familiarity with rights and clearances for obtaining audio and third-party footage.
- Strong instincts for effective visual storytelling.
- A strategic mind with a bend towards testing and iterating to find what resonates with various audiences.
- A passion for cooking and the mission of The New York Times.
The annual base pay range for this role is between $109,521.19 and $120,000.00.
For further details click here.