We are looking for an experienced and driven Senior Editor to lead our Women’s Sports coverage. The Senior Editor will be responsible for overseeing a team of editors and writers, ensuring the quality and timeliness of our coverage, and developing engaging and insightful content. The Senior Editor will work closely with other editors and departments to ensure that our coverage aligns with the overall editorial direction of the publication.
- Manage a team of editors and writers and assign and edit stories for digital and other platforms
- Work with the sports leadership team to plan and execute a content strategy for coverage of Women’s Sports, including but not limited to professional and international soccer, college basketball, WNBA and Olympic Sports.
- Ensure the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of women’s sports coverage. Develop innovative ways to tell stories
- Attend sporting events and press conferences as needed. Develop and maintain relationships with sources and experts
- Collaborate with other editors to ensure consistency in style and voice. Work with designers and multimedia producers to enhance women’s sports content.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest news and trends in the world of women’s sports
- Minimum of 5 years of professional editing or related experience, preferably in sports journalism. Knowledge of AP style, photo editing and content management systems.
- Strong knowledge of women’s sports at all levels and the ability to assign, develop and create insightful analysis and commentary. Ability to edit content across all sports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proven leadership skills and the ability to manage a team
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment. Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
For more information click here.