The Inland Valley Daily Bulletin is seeking an experienced reporter to join our news team full time to cover the cities of Pomona, Claremont and La Verne. Primary focus for the beat includes local government, growth and development, and schools.
We’re looking for journalists who can cultivate sources in person and via social media, write compelling narratives as well as tweets, and are comfortable mining public records for deep investigative pieces. If you are a passionate, focused, digital-savvy reporter, we want to talk to you.
What you will do:
- Will cover a wide variety of story topics
- Write on deadline in a fast-paced environment
- You are aggressive and resourceful and have the ability to produce strong enterprise and breaking news for online, mobile and print platforms
- Along with producing stories that are assigned, the reporter should also be able to pitch story ideas on a regular basis
- Research and develop stories to the utmost accuracy
- Cultivate sources both in person and via social media
- Maintain communication with a supervising editor
- Understand and use company-provided hardware, software and cloud-based equipment and systems for company business and tasks
- Contribute to a positive culture of teamwork and collaboration
What you will bring:
- Strong news judgment and a drive to compete
- Ability to write clean concise copy that draws readers in, including nut graphs and online headlines for SEO
- The skill to mine human sources, documents and data, including a facility for mining public records
- The ability to juggle multiple stories of varying complexity, from quick news posts under intense deadline pressure to daily news stories and longer-term enterprise
- Proficiency at using the web and social media to report stories and to share them
- Facility with multiple languages is a plus
- Ability to take own photos is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- At least two years of professional journalism experience
- Must have reliable transportation
- Remote with the possibility of going back to in-person work
Salary: The hourly wage is $21.63.
For more details click here.