Indy100 is the sister title of The Independent, a global online news publisher with over 100 million unique global visitors a month.
The successful candidate will have a genuine passion for news, entertainment, internet culture and social justice issues and understand how to cut through the noise online and tap into the zeitgeist. We want some who can create content that resonates with Gen Z and understands how the younger generations consume their news. We’re looking for someone fizzing with ideas for original and eye-catching angles on the news stories our readers care about, and spot viral, lifestyle and culture trends before anyone else. The right person will join a team of journalists who live and breathe social media and have taken time to create a clear identity for the brand while growing a loyal audience. The team are self-starting problem solvers, who take time to think creatively about how best to package our output.
- Writing content for Indy100
- Monitoring breaking news and trends to pitch story ideas
- Pitching and executing social media concepts
- Working with video team colleagues to bring content to life on multiple platforms
- Continuous Improvement – Works in a smart, flexible and focused way, is open to change and suggests ideas for improvements to the way things are done
- Collaboration – Builds and maintains positive and supportive working relationships with colleagues
- Strong familiarity with the Independent, Indy100, and our coverage
- Experience of working in a dynamic fast-paced media environment
- Excellent written English
- Journalism qualification and experience
- Have proven track record in writing headlines
- Have an understanding of data analytics and be able to work to targets
For further details click here.