The Havre Daily News, an award-winning 5-day-a-week community newspaper located on the Montana Hi-Line, seeks a motivated, publisher who is ready to take the challenge of growing and improving a quality, profitable daily and weekly publication. We enjoy strong readership and are the dominant advertising medium in our markets.
- Oversees the news, advertising, circulation, production, and business office functions at the papers.
- Responsible for providing leadership in developing long- range objectives consistent with the vision of the owners.
- Responsible for providing leadership, direction, and coaching to help employees produce a quality product which will attract and/or retain advertisers, readers, and employees while maintaining a healthy bottom line.
- Responsible for creating and adhering to a budget.
- Responsible for setting the climate for employee involvement, participation, and teamwork in achieving these objectives.
- Responsible for representing the paper in industry, community, and civic affairs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, journalism, or marketing, or the equivalent from special courses and demonstrated experience, would be necessary.
- Ten years’ newspaper experience including experience in advertising, management and areas with a high degree of public visibility or contact and in production departments.
- High level of both conceptual, organizational and cognitive skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally.
- Skills in leadership, research, problem solving, strategic planning, negotiation, customer service, management and teamwork.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience.
- 10 years newspaper experience including 5 years newspaper management experience.
Salary: $55,000 to $60,000
We prefer someone from the advertising side, but will consider all qualified applicants. Interested parties should send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Robb Hicks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more details click here.