Guardian U.S. is looking for a deputy editor to work with the editor-in-chief to lead a process already underway to diversify Guardian’s journalism at all levels.
This is a senior leadership position and will involve overseeing and supporting the editorial team’s diversity and inclusion goals.
- Assisting and supporting the Guardian U.S. editor-in-chief to deliver Guardian journalism to a global readership
- Working with the managing editor and senior leadership to diversify the Guardian U.S.’s journalism at all levels
- Helping to devise and oversee philanthropic projects that are geared towards racial justice and inequality
- Building global relationships with senior Guardian editors across all editions
- Strong track record of effective people and departmental management
- Authoritative voice in digital news
- Leadership skills, delegation skills, ability to collaborate and influence, should be a team builder
- Substantial previous experience in a senior editorial role
- Flair for news and passion for digital media