The Durango Herald, a family-owned daily newspaper in spectacular Southwest Colorado, seeks an experienced wire/copy editor and page designer to join its multimedia news desk.
This single combined position includes duties of selecting wire stories and budgeting wire pages, editing staff and wire copy, writing headlines, designing feature and news pages, and proofreading. Must have at least two years’ experience performing these duties in a print and digital newspaper environment.
Command of AP style is essential. Experience with NCS Content desired.
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Social Media
- Proficient MS Office skills
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Ability to work weekend and evening assignments as needed
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
Pay: $42,000 to $48,000 depending on experience
For further information click here.