The Detroit News seeks an innovative and tuned-in social media manager to join our award-winning team.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- As the voice of our brand on social platforms, you’ll be responsible for amplifying our stories
- Creating social-first content
- Driving engagement
- Fostering a vibrant online community.
- Your role will involve content creation
- Strategy development
- Data-driven optimization across our social channels
- Someone who is familiar with newsletters and newsletter strategies for best reaching and growing our audiences, and to run our corresponding efforts.
- This position works across all newsroom departments to curate news, sports, lifestyle and entertainment content for optimal distribution, crafting compelling narratives in line with our brand voice, analyzing performance metrics to inform future strategies, and engaging with our audience to enhance their digital experience.
- Applicants must have experience running every social media platform (Facebook, X, Instagram, Threads, TikTok, their correlating reels, stories and lives).
- Applicants should understand each medium’s social analytics enough to convert into online readership.
- An interest and understanding of the news and sports in Michigan are essential
- Must have knowledge of leading and emerging social media platforms and newsletters.
- Applicants should have an understanding of AP style
- Be creative in crafting branding guidelines.
- Applicants also should work well in a high-pressure newsroom
- Have swift speed to craft and post to multiple platforms during breaking news with accuracy. This will require making graphics and crafting the best posts for each platform to inform readers of the story.
Applicants should provide a cover letter, work samples and references to Digital Director Tom Gromak, firstname.lastname@example.org with “Social media manager” in the subject line.
For more details click here.