The Daily Sentinel newspaper in Grand Junction, Colorado, is looking for a motivated health and wellness reporter to cover a variety of issues in the health care industry on Colorado’s Western Slope.
The reporter will be responsible for identifying and pursuing health stories that impact the region.
The work includes:
- Localizing national trends in the health care industry
- Financial aspects of local health care providers
- Features on medical advancements and facilities
- Stories on wellness and staying healthy.
- Some of these subjects will be complicated and require thorough and comprehensive research and reporting.
- The reporting will look at issues around the region and content will be made available to multiple media outlets around the Western Slope.
- We are looking for a curious reporter who sees journalism as a public service.
- Candidates also need to come with a track record that shows strong reporting and writing ability.
- This reporter will stay on top of trends on the health care beat
- Will develop sources and their own expertise on health-related topics.
This position will report to the editor of The Daily Sentinel but will identify, research, make story pitches, and provide quality content on health care issues.
- • This is a grant funded position for 12 months with a strong possibility that the grant will be extended. Salary range is $40,000-$45,000.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field
- 2-3 years of experience reporting and writing for professional news organizations
- However, recent college graduates with journalism experience will be considered
- Strong skills, proven news judgment and a strong commitment to journalistic ethics is required.
Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, references and 4-6 writing samples to Managing Editor Dale Shrull via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.
For more details click here.