The Columbian seeks a business editor
The Columbian, Southwest Washington’s news leader in print and online, seeks a full-time business editor to join its newsroom. Regular hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays-Fridays, with some on-call weekend work. This position includes a blend of writing and editing duties. The business editor will supervise one reporter, and be responsible for producing a variety of stories covering business and economic topics. We seek someone with the desire, knowledge and experience to join us on social media as well as in print.
Preferred qualifications include:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Two or more years of reporting experience for a daily newspaper.
- At least one year of editing experience. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to report, write and edit complex enterprise and project stories.
- Demonstrated ability to cover business news.
- Demonstrated experience using social media and multimedia as tools for gathering and disseminating news.
We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits package, which includes profit sharing/401(k). If you are looking for a challenge and want to work for one of the area’s most progressive employers, please send a cover letter indicating your salary requirements and online experience, along with your résumé and five work samples to:
The Columbian, attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 180, Vancouver, WA 98666