The Associate Multimedia Producer (AMP) plays an active role on a dynamic team that adds a key multimedia dimension – principally audio, near term – to Monitor journalism. That means supplementing the Monitor’s digital content with high-quality, industry-leading multimedia work that gets noticed and boosts the Monitor’s visibility and growth in pursuit of its mission aims.
The AMP supports the Monitor editorial audio team through a range of duties. These include assisting in scheduling production, ensuring that host and other reader slots are booked, and editing audio stories and their transcripts in preparation for Daily as well as the weekly “Why We Wrote This” show production. Future shows may also be part of the AMP’s responsibilities. There might also be on-mic show-hosting, with opportunities for growth as interest and abilities allow.
The AMP will act as a member of the Monitor’s core multimedia storytelling team and adhere to the Monitor’s high journalistic standards. The AMP may also seek opportunities to pitch and produce original multimedia content as time allows.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participates in the scripting and producing of the Monitor Daily audio program, which accompanies each day’s Daily text (email) product
• Is prepared to voice the mini or (ghost) host parts on mic for Daily.
• Helps oversee interns in basic technical skill-development around Daily audio
• Helps maintain a schedule of all Monitor audio production – daily and weekly shows
• Helps manage drop-in audio intros, including writing short set-ups for hosts
• Assists as needed in producing other recurring audio programming, notably the weekly “Why We Wrote This” (including on-mic hosting as opportunities arise)
• Posts video (and podcast) content to YouTube and other third-party platforms as required
• Serves as one of several liaisons between editorial and studio teams
• With supplied training, proficiently uses the following tools and technologies: professional audio field recorders, Adobe Premiere Pro Editing Software, ProTools, Adobe Audition, Descript, transcription service/tool Trint
STAFF MANAGEMENT AND JOB CONTACTS
Supervisor: Director of Editorial Innovation
Has contact with HR staff, HR Coordinators, department managers, Treasurer’s Office (FP&A and Payroll)
Preference is for at least two years of experience in audio production in a workplace environment, ideally at a journalism outlet.
The AMP position requires a demonstrated ability to recognize and produce objectively good, listenable audio. It demands a going-in understanding of the Monitor’s mission and an eagerness to continue to learn how best to serve that mission through multimedia formats. It calls for script writing/rewriting/editing skills that enhance clarity and flow.
Skills in studio audio or A/V production. Accordingly, strong preference for a working knowledge of professional audio field recorders and editing software. Experience with Google Suite applications (Google Docs, etc.), EZ Publish, social media platforms.
For further details click here.