The Belmont Voice, an independent news organization dedicated to providing meaningful local coverage to the Town of Belmont, is looking for a few good journalists to staff its newsroom. As part of the inaugural editorial team, the Assistant Editor will help chart the course for local Belmont news coverage in a weekly print newspaper, regularly updated website and newsletter.
Reporting, editing, and more. The Belmont Voice needs an Assistant Editor who can split time between reporting and editing. If you are curious about the world, think analytically, and can write well under deadline pressure, we want to talk to you. Like most small newsrooms, people working at The Belmont Voice will be tasked with more than one responsibility, so you’ve also got to have time management locked in and AP style down pat.
- You should have in-depth experience working with WordPress or other web content management systems.
- You should be fluent with digital tools, such as Google Drive, Zoom and Slack.
- Experience with Social Media tools like Facebook and Instagram.
- Experience with management software tools like AirTable is preferred.
- Experience with InDesign or other newspaper layout tools is an asset.
- Familiarity with spoken Mandarin is an asset but not a requirement.
Salary. The salary for this full-time position will be commensurate with experience in a range of $50k-$60k. Health and other benefits will be provided.
To apply. To submit your resume and cover letter, along with samples of your work, please fill out this form.
For more information click here.