The Associate Editor is responsible for ensuring that writers and editors are working together to produce the highest quality content TAI possibly can. The Associate Editor works closely with an assigned group of writers to develop expertise on assigned topics and beats. The Associate Editor is responsible for helping to brainstorm story ideas, clarify mission-aligned angles, evaluate pitches and sourcing, as well as serve as the first read for line edits. The Associate Editor position reports directly to TAI’s Managing Editor and is a union represented position.
- Work closely with editors and writers on daily content;
- Support writers in story and angle brainstorming;
- Help writers enrich and clarify stories and writing in a collaborative, productive and positive manner;
- Serve as first read for copy editing to ensure that writing is clear, accurate and properly sited;
- Work with the editorial management team to set deadlines and communicate priorities to writers when needed;
- Collaborate with editors and writers to ensure content is unique, sourced, and aligned with our mission;
- Contribute to ongoing improvement of editorial production systems;
- Assist with headline writing;
- Assist with finalizing and preparing content for website publication.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in online publishing
- Thorough understanding of current domestic politics
- A successful track record of working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Capable of managing multiple priorities simultaneously
- Prior experience working with editorial workflow applications and systems
- Impeccable line editing and fact checking skills
- Detailed understanding of AP style
- Ability to work well with a team in a virtual workspace
- Able to collaborate with writers on tight deadline
TO APPLY: Please visit https://americanindependent.com/jobs/associate-editor/
SALARY RANGE: $80,000 – $94,999
For more information click here.