The Kingsport Times News seeks an energetic, hardworking business reporter who can dig into hard news stories, delve into data journalism and write engaging feature stories. This reporter will cover business openings/closings, the Chamber of Commerce, transportation and Eastman Chemical Co., which is headquartered in Kingsport. This reporter needs a knack for consumer stories that help readers save money, spend money and make money.
- The ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Multitask while being highly organized and detail oriented
- Effectively shoot and edit photos and videos
- Post stories to social media platforms and websites
- Generate story ideas to entertain and engage our audience
- Identify, cultivate and develop sources within the community and region
- Knowledge of AP style is a plus
One quality we insist upon:
- Report accurate and informative stories
Applicants with at least a bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications, including recent graduates with some experience, are highly prized.
The Times News is a Six Rivers Media, LLC property. SRM is a family-owned business and is also locally managed here in the Appalachian Highlands region of Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee. Other properties in the region include four weekly community publications, another daily newspaper and websites. Six Rivers Media offers a full range of benefits, including health insurance and 401k, as well as up to $1,500 in relocation expenses. We are located in beautiful Northeast Tennessee where outdoor recreation opportunities abound.
Interested candidates should email their resumes to Rob Walters, managing editor at firstname.lastname@example.org