The Tennessean is seeking an experienced reporter to cover the growth and development beat in booming Nashville. The successful candidate will break news daily about the real estate deals and development projects that are rapidly changing the face of the city, with a sharp focus on how this evolution impacts the people who call Music City home. The writer who joins our award-winning business team will have video and social media expertise, and a passion for storytelling.
The ideal candidate produces smart, context-filled stories and other content on tight deadlines and understands the difference in writing for various platforms. This position requires a versatile journalist equally skilled in building and working sources on breaking news stories as well as developing and reporting new angles on trending topics.
The successful candidate will:
- Report and deliver a steady stream of news stories to growing audience that looks to The Tennessean as the definitive source of business news in Nashville and across the state.
- Put a human face on the news, approaching the beat through the lens of prosperity — who has it, who doesn’t and why.
- Bring a digital mindset to the beat, using social media savvy to bring news to readers where they are. That means employing real-time metrics to respond to audience demand and reader interest.
- Use live video to spotlight breaking news and high-interest events.
- Provide thoughtful analysis of complex issues, and produce watchdog journalism that leads to change.
- Act as a public ambassador through community outreach and connect with readers through social media platforms.
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related discipline
- At least five years of reporting experience
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to produce accurate and detailed content in a competitive environment
- Expertise with all major social media platforms
- Video production skills a plus
To apply, go here.