The Telegraph Herald, an employee-owned daily newspaper located in Dubuque, Iowa, seeks a talented regional reporter to join our news team. Be part of a hard-working, aggressive newsroom working to produce the best newspaper in the state, both in print and online. This is a full time, Tuesday through Saturday position, with one weekend off per month.
- We are looking for a confident journalist comfortable keeping tabs on a portion of our coverage area.
- He or she will handle everything from features to hard news, from education to politics
- Must be as adept at breaking a story on our website in the middle of the afternoon as on the front page the next morning.
- The position will provide an opportunity for a diversity of stories and trend pieces.
- Primary responsibilities include writing news and feature stories, taking video and using social media to gather information and inform readers.
- Prior professional or collegiate media experience is required.
- Prior experience at a daily newspaper is preferred, but we are willing to consider any talented journalist.
- New graduates of collegiate journalism programs are encouraged to apply
Joining our team offers more than just the daily grind of churning out small stories. Reporters have time to tackle Sunday centerpieces on larger issues and to craft strong series. Investigative reporting and data-driven work also is encouraged.
Our salaries are very competitive with others in the industry. In addition, our employee-owned paper offers the possibility of raises after one year, and current employees earn shares in the company annually that vest after five years, providing another significant financial benefit.
Additionally, due to our local ownership, the important decisions about our products are made by people who live and work in our community. Visit our website to learn more about this employee-owned organization.
APPLY ONLINE: TH Reporter Opening
The Telegraph Herald is a product of TH Media, a division of Woodward Communications, Inc. (WCI).
For further information click here.