The Social Media Engagement Manager will play a crucial role in enhancing our brand’s existing social media presence, engaging and growing our audience on social media, and testing new social media platforms.
Above all, our social marketing strategy is aimed at growing and engaging a community of technologists and entrepreneurs, as best measured by the health and activity of our newsletter subscriber list that the entire editorial and marketing effort contributes to.
This person will report directly to Editorial Director Christina Kristofic and will work closely with teammates from the newsroom, client services and product teams. The salary range for this role is $50K-60K, depending on experience.
- Work with the Editorial Director to develop and execute comprehensive social media strategies to grow brand awareness, engagement, website traffic, and newsletter subscribers.
- Guide other teams and help them promote various objectives on social media effectively.
- Work with the CEO and across teams in Technical.ly to develop platform-specific content.
- Manage and maintain Technical.ly’s existing social media accounts, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Create engaging and compelling social media content, including images, gifs, videos, and other multimedia formats.
- Monitor social media channels and engage with our audience, respond to comments and inquiries promptly and professionally.
- Lead our public Slack activations, encourage and moderate community conversations, support newsroom-led on-platform interviews, and assist with other engagement efforts.
- Support promotion and execution of our in-person and online events, including our Philly Tech Week events, RealLIST events, the Technical.ly Awards, AMAs and webinars, to drive engagement and foster a sense of community.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, emerging social media platforms, and best practices.
- Test emerging social media platforms.
- Contribute to improving the repeatability of our audience growth strategy, including the use of relevant generative AI and other marketing automation tools.
- Track and analyze various metrics related to website traffic and social media engagement, produce regular reports of those metrics, and make data-driven recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Train other staff members on social media use and best practices.
- Consult on social media promotion of special projects.
- Manage social media advertising campaigns, monitor budgets, and optimize campaigns for maximum ROI.
Desired skills and experience:
- Love of the social web and desire to be creative as a Very Online Person
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in social media management, community management, digital marketing, or a similar role, with at least 1 year of experience in a newsroom.
- Proven track record of successfully managing and growing the social media presence and nurturing online communities for a news organization.
- In-depth knowledge of various social media platforms, including their algorithms, features, and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, draw insights, and make data-driven recommendations to improve social media performance and community engagement.
- Passion for news and current events, with a desire to make a meaningful impact in the digital media landscape.
- Interest in technology and business journalism.
- Interest in new and emerging technologies, including generative AI
- Experience with Google Analytics.
- Familiarity with WordPress.
- Strong understanding of audience segmentation, content targeting, engagement strategies, and community building.
- Experience with social media advertising, including creating and managing campaigns, is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to create engaging and persuasive content.
- Creative mindset with a keen eye for visual design and branding.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask at the pace of news.
- Note: This job description is intended to convey essential responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive of all duties.
Salary: The salary is $50K to $60K, depending on experience.
Send a cover letter, resume, and links to 3-5 social media posts you’ve written that you’re proud of to Editorial Director Christina Kristofic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information click here.