TechCrunch seeks a senior writer/editor in San Francisco
TechCrunch is looking for a Senior Writer/Editor (news/business) who can work with a team of editors and writers to cover the growing startup ecosystem and the larger tech industry.
TechCrunch’s mission is to tell the stories behind the stories. As a senior writer, you will contribute your voice and leadership skills to this mission. You’ll need know the difference between revenue, loss, earnings, GAAP and non-GAAP and be able to tell readers what that means and why it matters in language suitable for human beings.
Top candidates will have the ability to handle multiple stories concurrently, the desire to publish news quickly and accurately in a fast-paced media environment.
We need someone who:
- Has an obsessive desire to report news, especially about startups and venture capital
- Has the ability to spot a TechCrunch news story from miles away
- Can assign and edit content related to the business side of startups and the larger tech industry
- Can write content related to the business side of startups and the larger tech industry
- Can write business spot news
- Can develop and write features
- Develop and write business analysis pieces
- Present numbers in unique and varying ways, i.e. via charts, graphs, galleries, or things that haven’t even been invented yet
- Can work across a team of editors to devise editorial strategy
- Have several years of experience in journalism
- Have the ability to edit content of varying lengths and writing styles
- Are adept at working with writers of varying skills to produce well-reported and polished news pieces and features
- Possess knowledge of SEO basics
- Understand the importance of tagging content
- Love the intricacies of content management systems
- Can write headlines that capture the imagination of readers
- Know how to work with writers to develop stories that haven’t even begun to materialize yet
- Respectable work ethic
To apply, go here.