Tasting Table is looking for a writer
Static Media’s food and dining site Tasting Table is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to join our news team.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We’ve been busy cooking up something special for all the diehard foodies out there and the wait is finally over – Tasting Table is back! Tasting Table is a one-stop shop for all food and drink enthusiasts. We bring you practical cooking tips and dining advice, must-try recipes you can trust, and all the top news from the food world. Whether you’re looking for the latest viral trends or the tried-and-true methods of your favorite chefs, there’s a place for you at Tasting Table — no reservations required.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Ideal candidates have at least 3 years of experience writing content for print or the web with a focus on food, cooking, and dining content similar to Tasting Table. We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. The position is work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter.
- Claim news and evergreen article topics from a large selection of assignments
- Pitch relevant and timely news stories related to the site’s areas of coverage
- Research and write 300- to 800-word articles in custom CMS
- Write content on a quick turnaround as applicable
- Contribute to and follow the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
- Extra consideration will be given to applicants able to work night and weekend news shifts.
Minimum three years editorial experience writing and editing. Experience with building content in a CMS.
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN SUBMISSION
- Write a short introduction about yourself
- Your resume
- A letter of intent
- Three professional writing samples relevant to the content we share on www.TastingTable.com
- $21 an hour
For more information, visit their website.