The Latin Business Digital Editor at the Tampa Bay Business Journal is responsible for the day-to-day management of all online content for the email newsletter and owns the execution of the online content strategy across multiple platforms and products, including Web, email and mobile. It is mandatory that the candidate thrive in a breaking-news culture and has demonstrated content programming experience in an online environment.
The primary goal of the Latin Business Digital Editor is to craft timely and compelling products that drive loyal engagement, grow audience and extend the Latin Business and Business Journal brands in the digital space. The job requires solid news judgment, strong headline writing skills and familiarity with SEO and site metrics. The Latin Business Digital Editor must balance the highest standards for content with ambitious traffic and engagement objectives.
In addition to working with staff- and user-generated content, the Latin Business Digital Editor is expected to curate, report and write posts as well as produce interactive features, galleries and video. The end result should be a rich and vibrant digital experience that serves the Business Journals’ Latin Business audience, generates user feedback and inspires robust community interaction.
Working with the editors and reporters, the Latin Business Digital Editor will assist in determining how best to extend and expand online articles for print
Duties and Responsibilities, work schedules and/or location may change based on evolving business needs.
- Produce newsy, engaging daily online content
- Generate and execute digital content ideas
- Track metrics and measure engagement with an eye towards constant improvement
- Work with Social Media and Engagement Manager to recommend creative approach/strategy for social media executions.
- Work with editors, reporters and other stakeholders to plan new content and features.
- Help staff identify and deploy tactics to meet traffic and engagement goals.
- Work collaboratively with peers in design, research, and technology.
- Produce and maintain all Latin Business content on the business journal’s website, including event calendars, training opportunities, Latin Corner, local promotions. Local content should be updated at least twice a week.
- Gather and upload selected graphics, photos, informational graphics and info boxes to bizjournals.com.
- Regularly participate in and attend Business Journal sponsored events.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with all colleagues and professionally with sources.
- Serve as a key contact between the Business Journals and Hispanic business organizations.
- Write four to five blog entries a day for the Latin Business Journal newsletter.
- Curate and and/or rewrite another two blog entries a day from the other three Florida newsrooms.
- Develop 10 entries a week for networking events and training workshops.
- Develop a People file each week for each of the four Florida markets.
- Develop other articles every week from Lists, Hot Leads, print archive
- Rewrite headlines for optimal user engagement
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
•Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
•2-3 years experience in an online news operation
•Strong headline writing and copy-editing skills
•Familiarity with AP Style
•Video production experience a plus
•Demonstrated use of databases to build interactive elements and features
•Data entry for content management systems
•Excel and/or spreadsheet tools and management
•Excellent English writing skills. Fluent in Spanish
General office environment. Extensive computer use required. Some travel required. Ability to work flexible work schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
To apply, go here.