Tampa Bay Business Journal seeks a digital producer
The Tampa Bay Business Journal is looking for a Digital Producer.
The Digital Producer owns and manages TBBJ’s digital content across all platforms. The ideal candidate will thrive in newsroom that values scoops and exclusives above all else, and knows its audience and market exceptionally well. The primary goal of the Digital Producer is to craft timely and compelling digital products that drive loyal engagement, grow audience and extend the Business Journal brand. In addition to working with staff-generated content, the Digital Producer is expected to curate, report and write posts of his or her own daily, as well as produce interactive features for online and print, galleries and video to compliment the Business Journal’s strong digital coverage. The end result should be a rich and vibrant digital experience that serves the Business Journal audience.
The digital producer also helps develop content around our awards and recognition events in print and on digital platforms.
• Manage day-to-day digital operation of business journal newsroom
• Curate and update breaking news content
• Report and write original content for online and print
• Generate and execute digital content ideas and regular features
• Work with reporters and editors to ensure excellent digital beat coverage
• Produce interactive features, galleries and video
• Support reporters’ and editors’ social media efforts
• In collaboration with other news staff, brainstorm and develop content for awards and recognition events
• Solid news judgment
• Good reporting and writing skills
• Leadership acumen and a desire to work collaboratively
• Familiarity with SEO and site/traffic/engagement metrics
• A keen interest in what’s new and what’s next
• A firm belief in the power of social media
• Able to balance high standards for content quality with ambitious traffic and engagement objectives
• Able to develop relationships and connect with sources
• Demonstrated use of databases to build interactive elements and features
• Comfortable working in a content management system
• Able to understand and interpret site metrics
• Strong headline writing and copy-editing skills
• Multimedia interest and acumen — video and audio, especially — is critical. The ability to create simple infographics a plus
• Knowledge of HTML a plus
• Digital reporting experience
• Robust social media user
• Business reporting a plus
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
To apply, send a resume, cover letter and three of your best clips to Beth Hunt, director of editorial recruiting and development, American City Business Journals at email@example.com.