Sunbasket is looking for writers
Can you write copy that cuts through the media clutter with humor and wit? Are you a quick study in brand voice? Do you love food? If so, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for a freelance copywriter to join Sunbasket’s Creative Studio.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Sunbasket is the #1 healthy meal kit in the United States. The company has grown rapidly from $0-$200M+ revenue over the past 4 years. Ranked the #1 online healthy eating platform by Epicurious in 2019 and Buzzfeed 2 years in a row, Sunbasket is disrupting the $650B grocery market with a fundamentally healthier, easier, and more personal way to cook and eat at home. Backed by top-tier investors, Sunbasket is based in San Francisco, CA and delivers millions of meals nationwide each month.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a contract writer, reporting to our editorial director, you’ll develop Sunbasket’s written word across all communication channels. You’ll adjust nuance and tone strategically to audiences and occasions, and you’ll win new business and customer engagement with the charisma and knowledge of a trusted chef-friend in the kitchen.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Creatively communicate Sunbasket’s brand values and benefits, inspiring our target audiences to take action.
- Write recipe headnotes in brand voice that make cooking with our recipes fun and informative.
- Develop and refine united campaign copy across all assets and channels.
- Write copy for branding projects, performance-driven projects, and product-focused initiatives in digital advertising, social media, direct mail, packaging, email, SMS, website, and app.
- Express Sunbasket’s brand voice across all platforms while expertly adjusting content and tone for specific audiences, from Gen Z to Millennials and Boomers, potential and existing customers.
- Collaborate with designers, photographers, videographers, editorial director, creative director, and business owners in producing creative assets that generate sales, brand awareness, and loyalty.
- Follow internal brand copy style guides.
- A love for generating engaging copy every day.
- 2+ years of experience as marketing writer, preferably in a DTC consumer goods environment with a lifestyle/food-based brand. Advertising experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, creative writing, communications, journalism or equivalent professional experience with a high standard for excellence in writing.
- Portfolio of marketing or advertising writing that demonstrates published headlines, subheads, and body copy that are bold, funny, unexpected, and full of heart and personality.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, creative environment, have the ability to move quickly and comfortably between multiple projects, and deliver on deadline.
- You have demonstrated an ability to work both independently and as part of a dynamic team of creative professionals.
- You have a knack for the nuances that make credible writing for .com, retail, social sharing, and blogs.
- Passion for food, cooking, and food culture. Food industry and food writing experience a plus.
- Experience using Asana, Slack, Google Suite, Adobe InDesign a plus.
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN SUBMISSION
Write a short introduction about yourself
Include a paragraph highlighting your writing experience, relevant credentials and publication credits
Attach links to your strongest work or portfolio, and online profile.
- $40-$70 per hour- 5-15 hours per week.
For more information, visit their website.