STAT, the leading health and science site, is looking for a reporter to cover the business of providing health care in this country. This reporter will pursue ambitious and impactful stories about major hospitals, provider groups, and the future of the sector, rather than focusing on press releases or single mergers and acquisitions. They will dig deep into the trends and the personalities that are shaping hospitals’ financial activities, scrutinizing and illuminating the players that drive so much of the way patients experience health care in the United States.
- Tell smart, distinctive stories about health systems, hospitals, and provider groups, with a sharp focus on accountability and fresh angles
- Illuminate and analyze the pressures and innovations driving industry-wide trends, while also spotting compelling outliers and profiling key decision makers, companies, and organizations
- Moderate and lead events and contribute to newsletters
- Work with our data and multimedia teams to explore innovative formats for telling stories
- A versatile and creative writer prepared to make connections and spot trends across the diverse landscape of health care delivery
- Eager to dive deep into complicated subject matters — and to translate that complexity into clear, compelling narratives
- A self-starter when it comes to stories, but also collaborative in nature. STAT thrives on a tight-knit, all-hands-on-deck culture and a strong team dynamic.
- Committed to excellence in your reporting.
- Bonus points if you are deeply knowledgeable about hospital finance and experienced in telling stories about hospitals, doctors, and other clinicians.
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
The minimum salary for this position is $75,000. We offer a competitive benefits package, including health insurance, a 401k plan, generous vacation, and more. We also provide Care.com back-up care and have numerous wellness offerings, including free access to HeadSpace for all full time employees.
To apply, go here.