Star Tribune seeks AME for business
The Minneapolis Star Tribune seeks an assistant managing editor of business news to lead a talented team of 20 reporters and editors to produce impactful, engaging journalism in one of the top business markets in the country.
With 17 Fortune 500 companies, the Minneapolis-St. Paul region is home to businesses as diverse as Cargill, United Health, Target, 3M and General Mills.
The business team produces breaking, enterprise and investigative journalism on all platforms, including a 7-day-a-week business section and annual special reports, including the Star Tribune 50, Top Workplaces, Nonprofit 100 and Executive Compensation.
The Editor Is Expected To
The AME/Business will report to the managing editor and work across the newsroom to produce news and enterprise that will make us indispensable for readers on all platforms.
- Drive impactful journalism every day, from breaking news to insightful beat reporting and investigative and watchdog journalism.
- Support and lead audience-driven coverage, working with audience, visual and digital partners to create new approaches to coverage and storytelling.
- Be a champion of ethics, accuracy and diversity.
- Lead, edit, coach, recruit and develop talent on your team, setting measurable goals and objectives for performance.
- Work collaboratively as a member of the newsroom leadership team to support company and newsroom goals.
- Business editing experience, a record of leadership and a commitment to find new ways to drive greater engagement in our community with our journalism.
- Ability to work independently, strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, excellent employee relations skills, strong results orientation.
- High energy level, comfortable juggling multiple long-term projects in conjunction with day-to-day work.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
Please upload a resume and letter explaining why you are the best person for the job.
To apply, go here.