The St. Louis Business Journal is looking for a reporter.
Expected to break important hard news online and use print and video to tell the story behind the headlines, providing deeper analysis of newsworthy events. Must be the authority on the retail/restaurant/life sciences beats.
• Own the beat audience.
• Own the beat conversation.
• Build source network relentlessly.
• Attend both Business Journal and industry related events. When relevant to their beats, reporters must work in partnership with the publisher, editor in chief and event director to select speakers and topics that will grow event attendance and audience. Reporters will be expected to facilitate/moderate at Business Journal events and must be comfortable in taking a leading role in the community.
• Work collaboratively with editors, photographers, designers and others to maximize the impact and accessibility of stories reported.
• Contribute four to six online posts – curated and original – per day.
• Contribute 1 people and one enterprise story to the weekly print paper, including a candidate for the paper’s weekly “centerpiece” story.
• Develop and curate a reporter page/section spread in the print paper each week; this spread is comprised of information, highlights and data gathered and reported on throughout the week, then packaged and freshened for the print product.
Contact Trish Miller, editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org 314-421-6200