St. Cloud Times seeks a business/consumer reporter
The St. Cloud Times, part of Gannett Inc. and the USA Today Network, is looking for a reporter who can tell compelling stories about career, business and consumer issues in Central Minnesota. You’ll provide thoughtful analysis of complex topics and tell great stories for our audience on every platform. Coverage targets include careers, economic development, innovation, finance and workforce issues.
Our ideal candidate is positive, experimental and has the drive to get out of the office and into our community. Excellent reporting, writing and video skills and a strong social media voice are part of the package.
Join a digital-first newsroom in our new office four blocks from the Mississippi River in historic downtown St. Cloud. Your co-workers are dedicated fellow reporters, photographers and editors who are committed to experimentation, teamwork and serving our community. We have proven success in delivering nationally award-winning journalism, and we use audience metrics to help guide our coverage. We want to help make you better, and we want you to help us do the same!
Recent graduates and reporters with some experience and a willingness to relocate in or near the St. Cloud area should apply.
- Experience writing for an online/digital news website, newspaper or magazine
- Excellent communication and time management skills; ability to deliver on deadline
- Ability to write accurately and ethically with style and detail
- Good understanding of audience and community-building on social media sites and/or blogs
- Degree in journalism or similar area of study
- This role requires a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and the minimum liability insurance required by state law.
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
- Your updated resume, plus a cover letter that outlines why you are a fit and how you would approach the job
- Links to 3-6 online samples of your work. Show us what you’ve written, produced, or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
To apply, go here.