Sports Illustrated is seeking a Writer for its breaking/trending news team. This individual will focus on producing high-quality content that covers both hard news and news that aligns more with the intersection of social media and sports. Sports Illustrated aims to provide news, guidance and knowledge to both the die-hards and the everyday sports fan. We’re looking for an ambitious reporter with sound journalistic instincts who feels comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should be able to write/edit quickly and cleanly. The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment is essential.
The position (Tier 1, Writer 1) is part of the collective bargaining unit represented by the New York NewsGuild.
- Write and edit breaking news articles on what’s trending in the sports world
- Assists in identifying potential stories by closely monitoring breaking news and trending topics via social media, Google and other tools
- Is comfortable interviewing the top newsmakers with assistance from the team
- Can connect with sources and obtain new sources for stories
- Can provide input on new story ideas every day
- BA/BS degree in journalism, English or related field
- Demonstrated experience in print or online journalism at a recognized news organization
- Possesses an understanding of the online media landscape
- Strong editorial and communication skills
The anticipated annual salary for this position is $64,000.
For further details click here.