Spectrum is hiring an editor-in-chief to lead its award-winning news team.
In this role, you will be overseeing stories including breaking and conference news, articles based on peer-reviewed papers, op-eds by both scientists and autistic people, award-winning deep dives, data viz and interactives, podcasts and videos.
Other responsibilities include overall management of the team, community building and strategic partnerships with syndication partners and autism organizations.
- 8–10 years of experience in science journalism
- Deep understanding of biology
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to make decisions based on sound judgment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable with public speaking