Spectrum Networks is looking for: enthusiastic, talented, and driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering, producing, and delivering stories that make a difference within our community! Our commitment is to engage viewers with relevant, character-driven stories that are important to the local communities we serve.
Being on our team means: You are ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative, and highly technical, driven to tell amazing stories that mean something to our communities. You’re fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills, and abilities to share news stories across multiple platforms. You’re nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
What we’re looking for: Spectrum Newsis launching a new national news product which will stream 24×7 on a new OTT platform. Spectrum News is in search of a Producer who will create newscasts as part of a national editorial team. Our national news puts impactful, not sensational, stories and information into context to demonstrate to viewers how their lives are connected to domestic and world events.
The Producer, National News will work with Executive Producers and Associate Producers in the production of live and recorded national newscasts. The Producer will be responsible for story selection and execution, working with news management throughout all Spectrum Networks and coordinating editorial logistics with the National Content Hub, reporters, producers, and technical staff in locations throughout the U.S. The Producer will also be responsible for special reports and series.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Produces assigned newscasts and news inserts making decisions on story lineup, video/audio elements, graphics and show timing
- Writes news stories for assigned newscasts; ensuring content is factually correct and written in a clear and concise conversational style
- Collaborate with Executive Producers and Producers
- Solve the challenges that come with dynamic news coverage
- Generate story and coverage ideas on a daily and long-term basis
- Develop backups for critical coverage
- Coordinate logistics with all Spectrum stations
- Follows through on all assignments meeting required deadlines according to the Executive Producers instructions
- Produces special programming as needed
- Works in computerized newsroom environment
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge:
- Impeccable editorial judgement
- Must have a passion for news and storytelling
- Knowledge of current events and industry trends
- Must be able to work quickly and accurately while juggling multiple tasks and priorities
- Must have live control room experience
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Innovate storytelling and newscast producing
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and interact with all personnel throughout organization
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to anticipate situations, meet strict deadlines, organize and manage multiple priorities
- Pro-active with demonstrated enthusiasm in dealing with breaking news and high-stress situations
- Ability to effectively train others
- Basic editing skills
- Must adhere to attendance guidelines
- Must be able and willing to work different shifts and be flexible with schedule changes
- Working knowledge of general office computer software, newsroom software and basic non-linear editing systems preferred
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred or comparable television work experience
- 5+ Years Producing experience in television news
- National news experience preferred
Our Culture: Every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication (despite pressure), openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude! Roles may require the following:
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24×7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
For more information click here.