As a Senior Producer, you’ll play a crucial role in the newsroom by making editorial decisions, fact-checking scripts, and creating show rundowns. You will use data to inform these decisions and determine the news stories that will air each day. Along with your editorial duties, you will serve as the heart of the newsroom – leadership, inspiration, and feedback will be important aspects of your role.
WHAT OUR SENIOR PRODUCERS ENJOY MOST
- Developing strong leadership and management skills
- Reading, writing, and copyediting scripts
- Making data-informed decisions
- Initiating and controlling plans for breaking news
As a part of Spectrum News, you’re creative, highly technical, and ready to bring your community’s stories to life in our newsroom. You value accuracy and want to leverage your curiosity and storytelling abilities to share inspiring news across multiple platforms. Each day is fast-paced in a constantly evolving work environment with new stories to tell and perspectives to uncover. If you’re a nimble, passionate team player, you’ll find a home on our team.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO SPECTRUM NEWS??
- Experience: Television news producing – 4+ years, Line producing – 3+ years
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications, or related field, or comparable television work experience
- Technical Skills: Knowledge of current events, and familiarity with the local market and industry trends
- Skills: Strong attention to detail and passion for news, must be able to lift up to 5 pounds
- Travel Ability: Must be open to travel to discover the important stories in your neighborhood and willing to interact with the community?
- Schedule: Ability to work various shifts, longer shifts, weekends and holidays, and be flexible with schedule changes due to “breaking news”, and/or severe weather emergencies
- Works primarily inside a climate-controlled environment throughout the year but might be assigned occasional field duties
- Semi-noisy newsroom environment
For more information click here.