S&P Global seeks head of media/communication news
S&P Global Market Intelligence is looking for an experienced editor and manager to become our head of media & communications news, leading our global coverage of traditional media companies, such as TV networks, film studios and publishers; communications companies, including wireless and cable providers; as well as large technology and Internet media companies.
What we are looking for:
- An inspiring, energetic editor and leader with significant experience covering media, technology or related sectors
- A seasoned journalist with a passion for delivering insightful content to a discerning audience
- Exceptional editing skills with an eye for enhancing relevance and readability
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced global team environment, while honing a breaking-news, news hound culture
- Strong understanding of financial markets
- A proven track record in business journalism
- An ability to promote our news using social media
- An ability to work collaboratively with sales, marketing and PR teams to execute on our commercial strategy
- An experienced manager who can develop and manage a globally diverse team of reporters and editors; manage a budget; and recruit new team members
- Set the daily agenda for the media news team and lead medium- and long-term coverage planning efforts
- Lead the writing and editing of clean, concise features and shorter news items on deadline
- Mentor, coach and manage a global team of 20+ journalists, with hands-on performance development, including training and career mapping
- Collaborate closely with key internal and external stakeholders, including product developers and marketing executives as well as other S&P Global Market Intelligence news teams, leveraging our data to deliver valuable insight to readers
- Continually refine and improve our coverage based on reader needs and interests
What we offer:
S&P Global Market Intelligence’s fast-growing newsroom is a results-focused meritocracy. We value accountability and we seek to identify and reward exceptional performance with growth opportunities supported by a very competitive remuneration package.
If this sounds like a role made for you, please send us your CV, a cover letter and a few samples of recent editing and/or writing. Candidates will be asked to complete a brief editing test.
To apply, go here.