S&P Global seeks an energy reporter in Arlington
With more than 300 journalists across five continents, S&P Global Market Intelligence is a rapidly growing our coverage of financial and sector news. Our real-time, subscription-based news service reaches an influential readership that includes electric utilities, policymakers and leading financial players.
The Impact: You will work closely with editors and journalists around the world to identify the most important news developments in power sector sector, reporting on breaking news, developing data-driven reports using S&P Global data and crafting feature-length, proprietary stories on key industry trends.
What’s in it for you:
- Tremendous opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
- Learn about market structures & dynamics in the rapidly changing power sector.
- Opportunities for new responsibilities, including reporting, mentoring, and editorial leadership.
- Build a robust network of industry and professional contacts. Become a recognized authority in your area of coverage.
- Explore a highly-rewarding career path with room for professional growth, recognition and rewards.
- Brainstorm with colleagues who share deep knowledge and passion about the sectors they cover.
- Enjoy a casual yet dynamic working environment.
- Write spot news coverage.
- Write feature-length and longform data-driven stories.
- Establish relationships with sources, analysts and industry authorities.
- Monitor news releases, third-party reports and SEC filings and write briefs.
- Cover conference calls with company executives.
- Attend conferences and events.
- Work with editors and peers to make S&P Global Market Intelligence the leading source of news and analysis on the power sector.
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years of professional journalism experience
- Strong writing and reporting skills, along with excellent news judgement.
- Ability to work independently on tight deadlines.
- Fluency in English necessary.
- Knowledge of U.S. electricity markets and financial aspects of the energy industry.
- A background in national and international power sector developments and trends.
To apply, go here.